Tuesday, October 14, 2008

DANNY GATTON - 88 Elmira St.(@flac)

A guitar player, friend of mine told me sometimes ago about Danny Gatton. I always had a crush on rocking lead guitars and never heard about Danny.
My friend came back later with '88 Elmira Street'. I remember the first time I listened to this album. Each song had this same effect on me. A great tight Fender sound but no specific big difference with the other 6-strings wizards I already knew, until...
Simply put, just let these songs unfold. Just let this guy take his first chorus or lead and all of sudden pure magic appears. You'll understand what I mean.
Danny Gatton guitar crawls up your spine and if you don't get goosebumps when listening, I think you'd better switch your interest on another instrument!
They're not so many artists out there whose skills transcend known ways of using a tool or playing an instrument. Don't get me wrong: Danny Gatton was much more than a gifted guy putting on his incredible act. He was a true artist, showing the world his deep love for music with a Telecaster.
I don't think it's worth to write more about him of what you can read on internet. G00gle the name. Learn about The Humbler and his too short life.
Danny Gatton was a living proof, if you still need one yet, that huge talent and fame are not obviously bound to get along. - Morcles

Links in comments!!!

Uploaded by MORCLES

5 comments:

. said...

LINKS:

Part 1
http://www.4shared.com/file/66319522/e84a6b19/DG-88ESpart1.html
Part 2
http://www.4shared.com/file/66319520/6440a35/DG-88ESpart2.html
Part 3
http://www.4shared.com/file/66319519/54b5e152/DG-88ESpart3.html
Part 4
http://www.4shared.com/file/66319529/7f98b291/DG-88ESpart4.html

Anonymous said...

was looking forward to hearing this after the great review, but each time i copy/paste your links my Avira antivirus kickks in with this message.
When accessing data from the URL, "http://exchange.blueadvertise.com/46860_dyn.php"
a virus or unwanted program 'HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen' [virus] was found.
I thought you should know what's going down. Thanx for a great blog I'll have to hear this now cheers

. said...

Just tested the links and all are working fine

RA

Anonymous said...

This is a great album... I've worn out my cassette copy of "88 Elmira" and went looking for a download, was very happy to find your post! However, I was sad to find the songs in .flac format...not a common format for audio, hard to play/burn for an average web-surfer. All the same, perhaps someone else will find them useful. Rock On!

rob said...

A classic --thank you-he was a great guitar player.. it is a shame that he is no longer with us :(